Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dominican Republic Layouts

Hello Everyone! Here's what I've been up to lately. I have been working on a scrapbook for my friend Jody of her Dominican Wedding. I was a bridesmaid for her wedding on February 5th, 2011 in the Dominican Republic.
I started the scrapbook in January as a 20 page workshop for my 12 for 12 group. I created it from the new MAGIC scrapbooking program from CTMH. It uses one CTMH Level II paper pack and about 20 pieces of extra CS for bases and matting, etc. I am hoping to post the actual instructions once I get all of the pages put together. I was really on a roll from Jan- Mar, but this last month I've been occupied with other things.
So today I finally picked up my camera and took pics of what I have completed so far.... Enjoy!
The paper pack I used was Magnifique from CTMH unless otherwise stated. I know I should get my fingers slapped for using other products for projects in my class, but let's be realistic. There are sooooo many other products that are perfect for this beach wedding theme.

Embellishments:
Jolies Boutique-Music Note Bling
Cinderella and her Prince-Happily Ever After Cricut carty. I also added CTMH bitty sparkles and White Stickles to her dress to resemble the pattern on Jody's dress.
Butterflies-made with CTMH arrows from Chocolate Mini-Medleys Collection and the Heart to Heart stamp set that came with the Magnifique Workshop last fall. Then I added different colours of bling on the round end of the arrow with CTMH Blue and Green Sparkles Assort.
The "First Dance" letters are from my mom's stash-so who knows?!
I cut the others words out with the Cricut using Nate's ABC's- Love this Carty!

Hopefully I'll get another posted tonight or tomorrow morning. Off to my day job. LOL!
Thanks for visiting and Happy Scrappin'!
Mel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel,
    Lovely scrapbook pages you've made! I bet your friend will love it :)!
    Thank you for your kind words about my neighbour. I hope they will find a cure for this dreadful disease called (breast)cancer very soon! I hope your friend grows to be 100 years or more ;).
    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scrapbook. It will go down a storm.

    ReplyDelete