Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby Boy- Dragonfly Card

Hello again,
I haven't gotten much achieved in the lines of scrapping these days. My little guy had his tonsils and adenoids out last Friday so he has been a little clingy. He is healing up quite well though, but still needs to stay "quiet and non-active" for the rest of the week, so no Daycare. I had to let him outside today though because it was gorgeous outside, I needed to get the jungle mowed, and he was getting stir crazy.
 Last night while Jamie was home I snuck into my craft room and started playing around with my Gliter Ritz, Martha Stewart Glitter, Score Tape and my Cricut. I made quite a few cute little critters with the Create a Critter cartridge.
This morning as William was watching Jungle Book 2, I managed to put this card together.

The patterned paper I used was just scraps from my stash so I am unsure of origin. The cardstock for the flower was from CTMH- Heavenly Blue and Buttercup. The fauz stiching is with the same colour inks and stamped using the Simple Stitches SS. "Welcome to my world" and "Baby boy" were stamped from a stamp set purchased 3 years ago that I no longer have the packaging for, so I don't know it origin. I used the Accent Essentials cartridge for the flower and the Create-a-Critter cartridge for the dragonfly. I used Martha Stewart glitter "Turquoise" and Verdelite" to colour the dragonfly in. I first covered White Daisy CS with Score-tape, then keeping the top protective layer on, I ran it through the cricut to cut out the shapes. It worked awesome. I just turned the cricut pressure up and speed down.
I can't wait to try more-just need to find some time.
Hope you liked my card. I am entering it in the following challenges:

That's all for now! Take Care, stay cool and Happy Scrappin'
Scrappy Mel

6 comments:

  1. Bravo Mel! This card is just cute as a bug! LOL Love your little dragonfly all glittered up and the flower images are adorable. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! I just love the glittery dragonfly!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Cute As A Bug!" challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute card...love your glittery "guy"! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card. Love the glittery dragonfly and gorgeous papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Cute As A Bug!" challenge! Hugs, Denise (GDT) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You are so good with glitter! What a cutie patootie little dragonfly!! And I like that "welcome to the world" sentiment I'd like to find a saying like that.

    ReplyDelete